MobileNet Commissioning Processes
The first step toward a successfully designed network is to benchmark test the current cellular environment, whether in building or at a Macro site. Collection of this data has proven to be a critical component of delivering a successful network. MobileNet is an expert at collecting this data and based on the environmental requirements, can design the best, most functional network possible and complete either 3 or 5 step commissioning.
Once the system is installed, MobileNet deploys a team of skilled system verification engineers who are certified on the 5 Step Commissioning Process supported by Commscope, CMA, ASG, SoLid, JMA/TEko and ADRF to validate that all antennas and components are connected and working properly. The next phase typically involves working collaboratively with the equipment vendors (such as Alcatel-Lucent and Ericsson) on eNodeB parameter optimization which must be performed for all carriers.
The 5 Step Process focuses on the key interactive steps that are specified to ensure a complete deployment of a high performance system. Each step requires precise measurements and adjustments, beginning with Step One; Validation of a Completed Installation. The core objective of each successive step is to methodically identify the source of any potential issues and eliminate them prior to the commercial activation of the DAS. While going through each step, our qualified teams of experts work with our customers and the equipment OEMs to validate the performance of the completed and functionally integrated DAS OEM infrastructure. Our teams have performed many successful integrations of BTS and DAS equipment for a wide range of customers, each with their own set of goals and expectations. We make certain the DAS meets all alarm connectivity and alarm free performance criteria as defined and agreed with owners and as specified by the OEM vendor’s guidelines. Validation of Call Processing is the final step, and once complete, your DAS system is operationally certified.
Once optimized, it is essential to perform a final walk with the neutral host provider, measuring delivered system performance and showing the coverage after the system is installed and commissioned. The 5 Step Process exit criteria and performance specifications are modified to the needs of each individual customer and our skilled teams can provide expert guidance on the best option to suit your requirements. MobileNet supports both indoor (iDAS) and outdoor (oDAS) solutions making us the ideal partner for every DAS installation - no matter how large or how small.
The MobileNet Advantage
- Expertise with in-building testing.
- 2500+ high profile venues such as airports, stadiums, hotels, amusement parks, universities, and business parks in our portfolio
- ASG, Commscope Node A, Commscope Ion-B/Ion-M and Ion-U, CMA 1000/2000/HX/GX/330, CMA One Wireless, SoLid, JMA/Teko, Corning, Spider Cloud and ADRF certified engineers in our employ
- iBwave certified design engineers for DAS networks
- Use of Geocoding for outdoor venues and node/sector functionality confirmation with DAS zone to SC/PCI validation and DAS to Macro handoff testing
- Custom backpack solutions combining test phones, scanners and batteries designed by MobileNet to increase mobility throughout a venue and decrease onsite hours
- PIM and Sweep testing